Thursday, April 14, 2011

A quick flick.

Last weekend i had the opporunity to head out with my brother James to trap some native fish for his fish tanks. Aside from being fishing junkies my brothers have always kept native fish and like fishing when your trapping native fish, half the fun is getting out and tracking them down.

This led to us investigating a spot where we had been told there were some native fish that my brother was trying to get for his tank. I thought i should bring a rod just in case, you never know what might be lurking in the water.

So off we went on a glorious Sunday afternoon, we arrived around 2:00pm there wasn't a person in sight and the trapping began. Whilst my brother sat patiently i tossed a a few lures around, and within 20 minutes i had landed 3 nice Bass just sitting on the edge of some fast flowing water.

Australian Bass taken on a Nories Laydown Minnow in Live Ayu

Australian Bass taken on a Nories Laydown Minnow in Live Ayu

I was over the moon at this point, i wasn't expecting to catch anything so to land 3 bass in the late 20's to mid 30's was awesome. We only had a short time so it thought i would explore some other spots and i came up with 2 more beautiful Australian Bass. One of them lucky enough to escape a shot form my camera, as i lost him at the bank while i was rummaging through my bag.

All in all it was a short session, in some new water with plenty of surprises. I got to throw plenty of my favourite lures and they all landed fish. My brother James however lucked out with 0 natives for his tank. But there is always next time.

One of the smaller Bass taken on a Cranka Crank


One of 2 Bass taken on the Damiki Vaults

The lures that did the damage were Damiki Vautlt's, Nories Laydown Minnows and the Cranka Cranks.

The video your about to watch was one of the bigger Bass we got on a Cranka Crank, we had lured him in some shallow water and were able to get a quick 1 minute of the final part of the fight.